Injured in a rollover accident in Florida?
A rollover is a type of car accident that has one of the higher fatality rates. Rollovers are more common with Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs), but can also occur in a car or truck. This type of accident has a high fatality rate due to the movement of the vehicle and the impact it has on the passengers. A passenger often suffers from serious head and neck injuries or even death. Rollovers generally take place after a driver loses control of the vehicle and then car slips or trips to one side. If you have been injured in a rollover accident, hold the negligent party responsible. Boohoff Law, P.A. has years of experience in personal injury law, we can help you prove negligence and fight for compensation in your case.
Causes of Rollover Accidents in FL
While there are countless ways a rollover can occur, there are certain scenarios that are more common. Some that we have seen in Florida include:
- Overcorrections by the driver of the vehicle: If a driver notices that they are drifting into another lane they may jerk the wheel to try to get back to where they need to be. In doing so, this forceful action can lead to a loss of control and the flipping of the vehicle,
- Drifting into another lane is often the result of distracted driving or driving while fatigued, so those can be linked causes to rollovers.
- Hitting a ‘trip’: A trip is something on the road that a driver can hit and could cause the vehicle to roll over. Examples would be a median, guardrail, a ditch or an area of uneven ground. If a car hits one of this objects, it can roll over the object and result in a rollover of the vehicle.
- Weighing down a car: If a driver has a lot of weight tied to the top of their car, the likelihood of a rollover is increased. Due to the weight on the top of the car, the center of gravity is pulled away from the ground, increasing the chance of a rollover accident.
- Driving aggressively: When a driver is carrying a high speed and then starts making lane changes, the driver can easily lose control of their vehicle and rollover.
Holding the Negligent Party Responsible for a Rollover Accident
In these types of accidents, you will need to prove the cause of the accident. If a hazardous road condition is the cause of the accident, you can sue based on the conditions of the road. If it was not the road condition but was some sort of failure in the mechanics of your vehicle, you can hold sue for that reason. Poor vehicle design, brake defects or any error can be due to the negligence of a manufacturer. Other drivers can also be held responsible for the accident. If a driver cuts you off or hits your vehicle causing a rollover, you can fight to recover damages. Team up with the best car accident lawyer in Brandon for help in this process. Our firm can assist you in receiving compensation for your medical costs, vehicle damage, pain and suffering plus much more.
Team Up With Boohoff Law, P.A.
If you have suffered from a rollover accident in Brandon, FL contact our firm. We have experience when it comes to car accident cases and we can help. By investigating your accident and gathering all the evidence to support your case, we can assist you in fighting for the maximum possible compensation. Need an attorney for a car accident case in Brandon? Call Boohoff Law, P.A. today to schedule your free initial consultation with us.
A personal touch backed by big results.
1. Understanding your options
From your first call, our team takes the time to listen and learn your unique situation. We’ll walk you through the factors that will increase the value of your claim and help you mitigate risks. Above all, we help you envision a personalized path forward.
2. Connecting with your attorney
You will know within 1-2 days if our team can help. Your personal attorney and legal team will guide you through what to expect, ensuring you’re always informed about what’s going on. You will stay in control as an included member of the team working on your case.
3. Supporting documentation
Our diligent legal team will work with you to make sure all the necessary documentation is complete. This includes insurance policy details, medical records, medical and repair bills, and lost wages.
4. Formulating a winning plan
We’ll assess your case — every detail, every angle — as we fight for the outcome you deserve. We roll up our sleeves and bring an unrelenting commitment and proven track record to formulate a winning game plan, keeping you clearly informed along the way.
5. Negotiation and litigation
We are relentless in pursuing what’s right. We work with toughness and resilience as we negotiate directly with the defense to obtain the compensation you deserve. In cases that demand a court trial, our attorneys are expert personal injury litigators with the talent to maximize policy volumes and outcomes.